Two services take place every Sunday.
Sunday morning starts at 11.00am and is over by around 12pm.
Sunday evenings have a more relaxed feel and there is an opportunity to stay after the service and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee.
First of all, when you arrive at church, you will be greeted at the front door by one of our church leaders. You may then go ahead into the main area of the church choosing to sit either downstairs, or upstairs in the balcony – feel free to sit wherever you like. Regulars generally sit in similar areas of the church each week but do not have specific seats.
We sing using a combination of contemporary and traditional songs with various instruments to accompany. There is no dress code and you will not be expected to give money or join in the singing if you don’t want to.
A crèche is available for pre–school children. Children of primary school age leave after about 20 minutes of the Sunday morning service to go to Children’s Church.
The evening services are similar, although there is no crèche facility available. They tend to be quite informal and have a stronger teaching element. We start at 6.30pm and finish around 7.30pm. After the service tea, coffee and biscuits are served in church.
The services in the morning and evening follow a familiar theme from week to week with hymns, songs, prayers, bible readings and a sermon. The minister will preach a sermon, talking to the congregation about some aspect of the Bible, encouraging us to apply what God says to our everyday ordinary lives.
- Most people who visit a church for the first time are a little apprehensive. With this in mind, here is some further information to help:
- You can come along, take a seat, listen and leave quietly, if you so choose. You won’t be asked to say or do anything.
- You don’t have to be religious or a Christian to come along. If you have any sort of interest at all then you are more than welcome to come and join with us.
- There is no dress code. Some people dress casually in jeans and t–shirts, some dress smart/casual.
- A collection will be gathered during each service but this is more for the church family to contribute to. Please do not feel under any obligation to give money.